De-Conversion Video  

I don't know if anyone else will ever read this. But I'm writing for myself, anyway, mostly, so I write, regardless. I've not posted here in a long, long time because, simply put, my atheism seems to hurt people I care about. Family, loved ones.

A solution, one that allows me to write without hurting people, seems obvious: Keep this blog from coming to their attention. But is that being underhanded, dishonest? I'm not sure.

In any case, it does me good to put my thoughts on this topic on paper, metaphorically speaking, and doing so on a blog on the Internet preserves my writing, makes it accessible to me from any connected device, and may even earn me some much-needed funds, so I write again.

I have no illusions about or desire to de-convert anyone from theism. I know that almost no one is converted by rational argument, so it stands to reason that no one can be de-converted by rational argument. If one is disposed to question their faith, for whatever reason, then and only then can rational argument play a helpful role in their de-conversion.

Thought I'd pass along a wonderful series of videos that describe the de-conversion of a former evangelical Christian. The first in the series is posted below.



Follow me on Twitter. Golden Platypus is updated often; the easiest way to get your regular dose is by subscribing to our news feed. Stay on top of all our updates by subscribing now via RSS or Email.


0 comments

Post a Comment