Freedom from religion is glorious  

I mean this literally: Not a single day goes by that I don't celebrate and appreciate my freedom from religion. I'm not talking about freedom to do bad things. My morals don't have anything to do with divine edict or fear of supernatural punishment; then never did. I'm talking about mental, intellectual, emotional freedom. This post from unreasonable faith says it better than I can.

Since leaving the church, I have learned to value people for who they are regardless of what they believe, without feeling like I need to “win them to Christ” and save them from their horrible selves. I’ve been able to simply enjoy a drink with a coworker without ridiculously talking religion and pressuring her into Christianity. I am free to sleep in on Sundays and no longer feel obligated to give my time and money to an organization. I can enjoy life, each moment, the simple things without cursing the hell bound world around me and then forcing myself to think heavenly thoughts.

Follow me on Twitter. Golden Platypus is updated often; the easiest way to get your regular dose is by subscribing to our news feed. Stay on top of all our updates by subscribing now via RSS or Email.


0 comments

Post a Comment