Don't you worry that you might be wrong?  

Atheists are often asked this question. Believers in God and Christianity and the Bible and Heaven and Hell worry about my soul and wonder why I don't. It's inconceivable to them that I lose not a minute's sleep over my eternal destiny. To them I say...

1. How much do you worry about the possibility that you are wrong and the Muslims are right? And if you're not a Seventh Day Adventist and worship your God on the "wrong" day of the week, how much do you worry about the possibility that you are wrong and they are right? What about Jehovah's Witnesses? What about a million other religions that hold beliefs that are in conflict with yours?

2. If you really believe the Bible then you should worry that you don't believe it enough and that you'll end up in Hell in spite of your belief. According to your own Bible, Jesus said that the way is narrow that leads to salvation, and further, that many who called him "Lord" in life and did miracles in his name would discover too late that he "never knew" them.

So, no, I don't worry about being wrong, and in all likelihood neither do you.

Follow me on Twitter. Golden Platypus is updated often; the easiest way to get your regular dose is by subscribing to our news feed. Stay on top of all our updates by subscribing now via RSS or Email.


0 comments

Post a Comment