God: Heads I win, tails you lose  

Had a conversation with my dad the other day on the phone. Told him some good news I'd received recently. He was happy to hear it. Then Mom calls a few days later and mentions that they'd discussed the idea that God was helping me in an attempt to get me to come back to him. I asked my mom what they'd've thought had I received bad news. Would that mean God was disciplining me in an attempt to get me to come back to him? Of course.

Found this article that elucidates the problem well:

Did God Cause This To Happen?

I am an atheist and I had no intentions of celebrating Easter Sunday. However, since I had some work around the home place to do such as trenching in a water line, I rented a trenching machine from the local equipment rental on Saturday and decide to use Easter morning to plow the water pipe in.

As it happened, I started the water line run next to my chain link gate when the digger caught a tree root throwing the digger into the fence tearing down the gate.

While I was removing the digger from the fence, a neighbor stopped by on his way home form church and told me that God does not approve of working on the Lord’s Day (especially Easter) and God jammed the digger into the fence to stop me.

Read more>>

Follow me on Twitter. Golden Platypus is updated often; the easiest way to get your regular dose is by subscribing to our news feed. Stay on top of all our updates by subscribing now via RSS or Email.


0 comments

Post a Comment